The Origins of Coin Mama
Coin Mama has been around for approximately 4 years but they do not publicize much about their origins. However, we do know that they are a Slovakian trading entity. Coin Mama is available worldwide, but there is restricted availability to some US states.
Buying Bitcoin through Coin Mama
- The first step is to set up an account on Coin Mama.
- Next, choose a method of payment which can be debit card, credit card, or Western Union. Note that there is a surcharge for using a credit card.
- Once the payment is complete, the bitcoins will be delivered to the virtual wallet that has been identified by the customer.
Features and Benefits
Compared to other bitcoin exchanges, Coin Mama is a simpler offering and there is no mobile app. All purchases are made through an online account available on their website. On their website, they provide very clear real-time bitcoin prices in two different currencies; USD and EURO. Their main differentiator is simplicity and the ability to purchase with a credit/debit card. Additionally, they do offer what seems to be an established affiliate program. It works as follows:
- 15% of Coin Mama’s commission paid on all referral’s purchases (including their future purchases).
- The bitcoins are sent to the designated wallet address on demand or every two weeks.
- There are no limitations to the value of referral commission.
- The pay-out is only made after 3 successful orders are made by at least 3 different users.