The Origins of CEX.IO
CEX.IO is a bitcoin exchange established in 2013, now trusted by over half a million users. They offer cross platform trading via mobile app (Android and IOS), the website, WebSocket and REST API. They offer a multi-level account system which supports first time bitcoin beginners, all the way through to the most experienced institutional traders. They are registered and trade from the UK.
Buying Bitcoin through CEX.IO
Via the buy/sell page, bitcoin can be bought or sold in just a few clicks. Albeit an account needs to be set up and funded first. There are varying verification statuses and account types to manage the wide range of users who access CEX.IO. Account types and options can be viewed on the website. For faster deposits and withdrawals, a payment card needs to be linked to the account and verified. Payment methods include debit card, credit card, and money transfer. CEX.IO serve 99% of countries worldwide, including 24 states in the USA.
Features and Benefits
- 2 factor authentication via Google Authenticator App for increased account security.
- Cold storage for cryptocurrency funds.
- Access to advanced reporting such as downloadable reports, real-time balance, transaction history, and fee history.
- A generous referral scheme, with 30% of fees earnt for successful transactions.
- Mobile application for trading on the move.
- Several API solutions for automated trading, based on the requirements of individuals and institutions. These include REST API, WebSocket API and FIX API.